Ticks, Disease and the Attraction of Repellency (Sponsored by Bayer)
Susan Little, DVM, PhD, Dipl. EVPC, DACVM — Parasitology
With hundreds of tick control products on the market, how do you know which ones are right for your clients? Ticks are expanding their ranges like never before, and your clients want your expert advice on how to keep their dogs protected. Join us for an interactive presentation from Dr. Susan Little, leading researcher and professor in veterinary parasitology and zoonotic parasites to learn about:
- How ticks are being located in more places than ever before
- Ticks transmit organisms that may cause life-threatening disease
- Probiotics and diarrhea: What's the evidence?
- Transmission of tick-borne pathogens varies by tick species
- Helping prevent transmission means limiting exposure, managing the habitat, incorporating year-round acaricides and using a repellent that helps prevent attachment