Top 5 ways to minimize loss of revenue in your practice (Proceedings)
Nov 01, 2009
CVC IN SAN DIEGO PROCEEDINGS
2. Travel Sheet and In-Hospital tracking Sheet
3. Lifestyle Survey or Pre-Exam Checklist
4. Fee schedule and Charging Standardized Mark-ups
5. Make the Most Out of Your Practice's Schedule
Three tier reminder system
Helping Hints for Establishing a Three Tiered Reminder System• Mandate that going forward future reminder history must be entered for all patients (new and existing). Receptionists or healthcare team members that are intimately involved with maintaining patient information must be trained on how to make sure all patients have future reminders.
• If the expiration dates are unknown, the healthcare team must take the following steps to get vaccine history information.
1. Ask the client for the information (e.g. a previous invoice or records)
2. Call the previous veterinary hospital with the owner's consent for vaccination information.
3. If the client does not have any information and has no place for you to call, ask the owner when the vaccines were performed last. According to the information that is provided, enter in a reminder to either prepare for future notification or indicate in your system that the vaccines are past due.
4. Take this opportunity to verbally inform clients when the next vaccines are due or educate them on the vaccines that are past due and the significance of keeping the pet properly vaccinated.
• Establish which future reminders each species should have entered into the system prior to their file being filed or prior to concluding with the patient's visit or transaction. An example for cats and dogs is listed below:
Canine patients must have at least six future reminders
Annual Comprehensive Physical Examination
1. Rabies Vaccination
Feline patients must have at least five future reminders
1. Annual Comprehensive Physical Examination